The Red Palm Weevil is a threat for palm trees all around the world.
A fully grown Weevil can be as large as five centimeters and lay as many as 250 eggs at a time. The nature of their reproduction cycle requires them to lay their eggs into palm trees, where larvae’s grow and fully destroy the structure of the palms.
Professional Pest Control has a 3-Step solution that will protect your palm trees from the Red Palm Weevil.
1. Step: Initial Treatment
In the first phase, a high-quality systematic pesticide is injected into the roots of the palm tree. This pesticide contains the active ingredient “Imidacplorid” on a 75% base, the only ingredient proven to protect palm trees.
2. Step: Follow-Up Treatment
To prolong the effect of the first treatment and to ensure the long-lasting health of your palms, tablets are being placed in the soil surrounding the treated palm tree. These tablets contain the active ingredient “Imidacplorid” on a 20% base which is slowly released over time, thereby ensuring long-lasting safety. The remaining 80% is a nursing tree fertilizer that further helps strengthening your palm trees.
3. Step: Trap Treatment
Professional Pest Control offers trap buckets which have been specifically designed for the Red Palm Weevil,
These buckets contain a pheromone lure that attracts Red Palm Weevils. Trapped Weevils drown in the trap. This allows to observe the population while reducing it.
*All Red Palm Weevil protection services are delivered without warranty.